Universus Treasury will be a DAO. This means that its management in the future will be done democratically by the community. At first, the revenue from Universus Treasury will be used to complement the Staking, but this revenue will later be managed by the DAO and can be used to increase in-game farm benefits, create extra rewards for players, among many other benefits for the community, defined by the project's token holders. The DAO is going to be implemented in three phases as follows.
- Phase 1 - Establishment:
- 1.The governor role of the smart contract that rules Universus Treasury is controlled by a MPC using Fireblocks to ensure maximum security;
- Phase 2 - Ramp up:
- 1.The governor role is attributed to the Universus DAO;
- 2.The smart contract will only allow the assets from the treasury to be sent to previously registered addresses such as DEXs and the staking contract, until new addresses are approved by the DAO;
- 3.Proposals can only be raised to voting by the Universus team;
- 5.Proposals will be available for review 5 days before voting begins so investors can study the proposal;
- 6.Voting remains open for 5 days;
- 7.Emergency proposals are submitted for voting instantly, but can only be approved with 50% of the UNX Tokens voting in favor of the change. When the 50% voting in favor of the proposal is achieved, the vote ends. If the 50% voting is not achieved in 10 days, the proposal expires.
- Phase 3 - DAO
- 1.Investors with more than 1.000.000 UNX Tokens can submit proposals for voting
- 2.Proposals are exclusively about the treasury assets, not the games or the studio. Investors can put to vote proposals such as: new tokens being accepted in the Bonding feature, the percentage split of the rewards that should go to stakers and in-game rewards, new defi protocols to allocate the treasury assets in order to improve yield, new investments, etc.